Faith Formation Ministry
The Faith Formation Ministry works with the clergy to build and promote an effective program of Christian Education and spiritual growth for all members. Responsibilities of this Ministry include:
- Assist the clergy in promoting an effective program of spiritual growth of all member
- Coordinate programs of faith formation and spiritual growth for all ages
- Provide guidance and support to staff involved in the faith formation program
- Provide opportunities for adults to grow in their faith (e.g. Bible study, small group meetings, Lenten study)
- Provide opportunities for children and youth to grow in their faith (e.g. Confirmation, Sunday School, after-school program, Vacation Bible School, youth groups, Boy Scouts)
- Recruit and train teachers and other workers
- Provide support for the nursery
- Evaluate the faith formation programs of the congregation
- Explore innovative programs and strategies to strengthen the spiritual life of members (e.g. inter-generational, prayer chain)
Members of the Ministry: Jeanie Woodward (Chair), Amber Gonzales, Patti Schmutzler, Joni Witt, Rene Miserez, Judy Creed
We offer programs for children, youth and adults
to nourish the people of God through the riches of God’s grace,
so that they may grow in faith and in the knowledge and love of Christ.
We offer a Sunday school program for children in Kindergarten through 5th Grade which is offered every Sunday. Children attend the first portion of our worship service, and then head downstairs to Sunday school after the Children’s Message. We currently use a Workshop Rotation model for our curriculum where children learn the same Biblical story over a 4-week period but experience it through a variety of workshops such as art, music, science and cooking.
We offer a mid-week Young Youth program on Wednesday afternoons during the school year. Kids in kindergarten through 5th grade are encouraged to join us for an afternoon of food and fun, faith and fellowship. It’s always something different, but it’s always fun with friends! Supervision starts around 3:45 when we share a fun couple of hours tougher with afterschool snacks, some fun time and a 20-30 minute Bible lesson or faith-building activity, before having dinner together and ending at 6:00 P.M.. We have kids coming from several different elementary schools.
Each summer, we offer a week-long program for children from age 4 through those that have just completed 5th grade. The children have a daily themed adventure, visiting various stations with their crew guides. They learn how God impacts their lives, experience a related Bible story, make a craft, have an activity/game, and share some snacks that all help to remind them of that day’s Bible point. They also get a chance to sing and dance with the themed songs at the beginning and end of the daily program. It is an exciting week for both kids and adult volunteers alike.
We offer a a variety of discussion and study groups for adults at various times during the year. Check out our newsletter and calendar for up-to-date information.